.

.

Christmas Sunrise in Stripes of Candy Colors Before the Beast Emerges

The view from my kitchen window about 7am on Christmas morning was so pretty I took this photo and thought to share it with you.  I don't know what's in the atmosphere to make these pink stripes, there's probably a scientific explanation, but I'd rather just appreciate God's artistry for now.



Christmas was the first day in a while that the sun made an appearance and stayed with us all day.  There was frost on the car windows and a teeny bit of snow on the grass, but crisp, clear, and cold in the 30's F.  How did Christmas find you?  Hope your Christmas weather was beautiful and lots of happy memories were made throughout the day.

Ahh, those cherished quiet moments as above show the calm before the beast awakes.  Not wanting to show off her present, I managed to get one photo which was not a blur of her in perpetual action:





12 comments :

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

WOW! That was one beautiful Christmas morning sky. I love the pink stripes.

Lucy looks adorable sporting her new bandana.

Dee

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

it doesn't get sweeter than this!!!! glad she got a good bribe : ) LOL!!! sending holiday hugs to all!!!! and BIG HUGS for miss Lucy!!!! she is precious! beautiful and just a perfect bundle of jog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

autena said...

How lucky you were to notice the sky at that stunning moment! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

We had beautiful weather for Christmas, too! No snow or even frost and just a tad too warm to make it really feel like the end of December.

Lucy looks very fetching (no pun intended) in her new bandana!

Unknown said...

Love the view and shot out your window! Lucy looks very fashionable in her new bandanna...

FabricFascination said...

Such a pretty sky to wake up to on Christmas morning.

Magic Love Crow said...

Gloria, I love your first picture of the sunrise! Wow! So beautiful!
Our Christmas was green and quiet, but it was nice ;o) Wish we had a little snow ;o)
You pup is so darn cute! And, I love the bandana!!!!
Hugs, Stacy

Magic Love Crow said...

Sorry, "you is suppose to be your"! ;o)

IrelandBrady said...

So glad you had a camera and able to capture the beauty of the moment and share it with the rest of us. Thank You....

Gloria said...

Thank you all for your generous comments.
Deb, you make me laugh!
I told Lucy about all of your compliments, however only the leftovers made an impression. She doesn't appreciate you all as I do, unless of course you had a snack or a leash in your hands.
Stacy, we had iced up car doors today, strong winds, and snow flurries- could you keep that up in Canada my friend? I know that it's winter, but I was enjoying the snow-lessness of winter so far, anyway.

Thanks for visiting!

Additionsstyle said...

What a beautiful Christmas morning, lucky you! We were lucky enough to have a sunny day, but no snow (my daughter was so disappointed).

I hope you and your family have a Happy New Year!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

PS - love the new look of your blog!

Gloria said...

Hi Valerie, Thanks on the new look, I keep changing it, but this one may stay for awhile. I think you'll have lots of snow. Happy New Year!