.

.

Fresh Art Blues Trio Mixed Media Contemporary and Vintage

Hope  you like these color combinations.  After reading the name, Gingersnap Creations a few times around blogland and seeing  this post  on Cindy Adkins' Whimsical Musings blog, I decided to go and see what the excitement was about.  I mean, the name of the blog, Gingersnap Creations conjured up one of my favorite cookies and a spice so the temptation to visit was strong.

I made these two pieces in response to the challenge to use Turquoise, Blue, and Purple and papercrafting in a piece.  The blog has all the details, FAQs, etc.  Go check it out and if you want a theme to make some art sometime, you'll find it at the blog.

Both pieces are 4x4 on coldpress paper.  The first one with the children is acrylic paint, inks, rubber stamped, using scraps of cards, envelope, calendars, magazines, ribbon, and catalogs, plus ephemera.   The second one with the girl and the pink umbrella, I used acrylic paint, and pieces of an envelope, magazines and catalogs.   What do you think, it's my first try at 4x4 size.  





13 comments :

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Wow! These are really eye-catching! I really like the color combination since purple & aqua are two of my very favorites! You really make beautiful collages!

Jo Murray said...

These are delightful collages.. I love the colours.

SmilynStef said...

So glad you skipped on over to Gingersnap land ... love both of your fabulous creations, especially the row of clocks ... thanks for joining our color challenge at Gingersnap Creations.

Magic Love Crow said...

I think these are fantastic and fun! Love the colours!! Great work Gloria!

Chris said...

Very cool indeed, pretty and thought invoking. TFS

Gloria said...

Thanks for the feedback and kind comments! These colors are a great combo and will try to join the Gingersnap Creations theme again.

I did try to make these less personal, but realized after I'd posted that the girl with the pink umbrella was saying something I was thinking.

Additionsstyle said...

Both your collages are very cool! I love how bright they are and the turquoise.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, these are so totally fantastic!!! I love those alarm clocks!! These are amazing and I am so excited that you decided to join in the fun!! (Thank you so much for mentioning my blog--that was soooo sweet of you.)
XO
Cindy

Gloria said...

Thanks, the colors were a new combo and they do make a statement.

Thanks and you're welcome, Cindy.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pieces! I'm always really drawn to these colors, especially the combination of purple and turquoise. I'll have to go check out gingersnap creations too!

Gloria said...

Thanks Shimmerlings! GC offers lots of challenges, too.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I adore the color combo. The pictures seem to really tell a story. Very cool!

Dee

Gloria said...

Thanks, Dee- GC chose the color theme and at first I didn't like the combo, but I do after seeing the variety of results. A story, yes!