.

.

Cheap & Cheerful Valentine Casserole

Something that can be put together a little quick, let's say you want an hour to do something while this is in the oven cooking.  Crafting, vacuuming, reading, cleaning, whatever...  I call it cheap and cheerful since the ingredients are not expensive and it has lots of red in it for Valentine's plus the dreaded meat, "hot dogs" which husband likes and I don't, so I sacrifice taste for love.



Red Skin Potatoes: cleaned, part peeled, and cut small
Hotdogs:  leave whole or slice
28 oz can of Crushed Tomatoes (or the style you like)  Plus some cold water to thin.
As much onion and garlic as you like
Cumin
Basil
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Vegetable:  your choice, Spinach as I had a box I wanted to use, otherwise Green Beans

Put all in large casserole dish with the lid on and cook at 350F for an hour give or take depending on how small the potatoes are cut and how many hotdogs and potatoes are in the dish.  I made this for 2 people for 2 meals and cooked it for 70 minutes.  It was bubbling nicely and had to cool for a few minutes before serving.  I think this will stretch to 3 meals with garlic bread or biscuits on the side.  Hope you like it.

4 comments :

Micki said...

Sounds like a wonderful recipe! I will have to try this one.
Micki

Tumbleweed Trails said...

This looks and sounds so yummy.
Jody

Katherines Corner said...

I'm your newest linky followers. The recipes sounds delish. Thank you for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party. Sending Happy Weekend Wishes! xo P.S> I am honored to have my shop on your sidebar sweet friend

Gloria said...

You're welcome, Katherine- best of luck and thanks for joining the new linky followers tool.