.

.

Memory Makers

It was time to take down the Christmas tree and other decorations, which makes the house seem toned down, colorwise. 


So, I took a look at these two brooches I made years ago, on a lonely, wintry January day when I was missing out on an overseas trip because I was very sick. 


I don't know how I made these through the fever, watery eyes, and sneezing that took over my days and nights.  I do remember the horizontal snow at  minus 40F windchill walking my dog who refused to do his business if he couldn't pick the perfect spot with just the right fragrance for him.  A beagle with a nose that ruled his walkies, that's for sure. 



I suppose thinking of butterflies during the winter was wishful thinking.  It was a distraction from the snow and wind.  We were alone in the house, my dog and I.  I felt sorry for him as he was missing my husband who took him for longer walks than I could manage at the time. 

                                                                                                                                                
He's always in my heart and never far from my thoughts.  Sweet and Best Dog.


No comments :