.

.

Mid Year Review and After the Clear Out the Freedom Room


See that date over on the bottom of the collage?  Yep, I am seriously late in posting that one.  Only by eight months, but who's counting?

Sometimes there are 3 things going at once!

After a major clear out from when the house move was supposed to happen, I have less "stuff" in the craft room. From paints, to glues, to things for upcycling, they've all gone to the charity shop or the trash.  That made me consider just what to do with what is left.

Embroidery hoops on a tension rod in the closet.

Do I want to focus on making Art?  Jewelry?  Crafty things?  Needlework?
Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  And Yes.  See, how easy that was?

Seriously, supplies multiply like rabbits and yet, there is usually one special piece missing or needed, so shopping commences!

Here and there I toss something that I know is not to my liking.  When I shop for supplies, I really do try to write down what I am looking for and be more discerning as to the quality and value of the items for purchase.

I shop in person.  Online shopping may have a better range, but I would be like a "kid in the candystore." One day I will try it, with a budget and a list.



It's tough being a tightwad, but it feels good to not hoard.  Freeing.



I started a little collection of interesting feathers from my travels or wherever I find them when out walking. They don't take up much room!


Pretty feather illustrated tin.

I even have a feather tin, bought for tea, but I put rubber/acrylic ink stamps inside.


Rearranged room, nice and tidy.

The furniture, craft carts, and bookcases have been rearranged.

At first I did not think it would be comfortable sitting in the middle of the room, with no window or wall at the front of the desk- you know, to hold up all the things crowding the desk.

This arrangement makes me keep less stuff on the desk and to move projects to the shelves and racks as needed.  It also helps to focus on one project without the others asking for atttention.

I took the curtains down to let in all the light, which is wonderful. This is the only room in the house with good sunlight for most of the day.   That light is very good for seeing what I am painting.



My smaller liquid paint collection after the clearout.


Watercolors, paint pens, and more.


The last thing I will show you is this newspaper clipping which I taped to one of the closet doors. I try to follow this advice, but do fall away from it with all things going on.



3 comments :

Magic Love Crow said...

Your room looks beautiful Gloria! I love it! I love your feathers and your feather box! I see my painting! Truly, your room looks bright and happy! Big Hugs!

Robin said...

Welcome back!!! I was so happy to see your post show up in my email! I knew you would be back around. I hope by cleaning out everything, you are in a fresh happy house and a fresh happy healthy YOU!!! I am so excited to see what you end up doing, or everything you are doing. Big hugs, Rasz

Gloria said...

Stacy, your painting is now on my bookcase, I think of the two of them and knew what the outcome was going to be, but wish it was not so. Thank you for that, it means a lot to me.

Rasz/Robin, I actually felt bad after clearing out, and now, years later, still have let even more go. The difference is, now I am letting things go to let better things take their place. Thanks so much for your kind words. I hope to be posting more often.