.

.

A Heart That's Green

This week has been a mostly non-computer week for me, so I am popping in to add this post for "Art with Heart" theme at Inspiration Avenue.  Please go visit to see more art and check in on Mondays to learn about the new theme.

My image shows an ornament (not yet finished) with texture plus some embedded bits and pieces.  I used PicMonkey  to add layers of effects and frames.

I still need to finish the edges, clean it up some, and maybe add paint.  The heart was supposed to be a robin's egg blue, but the color actually turned out to be a soft sage green.  Something in the material must have affected the color as I only used blue food coloring.  Still, it's a pretty color and maybe the green is what it wanted to be.

Today I am going to attempt to catch up on your blog posts and comments during this last week.

Thanks for visiting and hope your Sunday is a good one!

14 comments :

Linda said...

This is really beautiful Gloria. I love all the texture and detail.

Thank you for your comment.

gma said...

So pretty.

Little City Farm said...

this is so pretty. I wish I could tap into your mind and find out how you come up with these beautiful things. :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This is a lovely ornament! Funny how things turn out the way they want to..i.e. the color. The texture looks really nice!

Lucy said...

So beautiful! I have been spending less time on the computer too and my wrists love it LOL.

Kim Collister Studio said...

I love your ornament and the texture really adds to it!
I will have to check out Pic Monkey..

Thanks for sharing.
Very lovely!

Kim

Lou Anne Hazel said...

This is really pretty. I think the color is meant to be.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Talk about NO computer time! I've had company all week and didn't have a chance to drop by until just now.

Sometimes our art knows what it wants, so that may be the case with your heart. It is certainly lovely. And well designed, too.

Katherines Corner said...

lovely. Hugs and wishes for a beautiful week! xo

Darla said...

Nice entry for the challenge. I'm curious, what is the heart made of?

Darla

Additionsstyle said...

Lovely ornament!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Gloria said...

Thank you for your visit and lovely words!

I am bummed that there are still so many blogs with the comment form that I can't leave you all a comment, too.
I visited and keep checking for the new form.

Hope you have a great week!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Gloria ;o) I am catching up too ;o) The ornament is beautiful! And, I agree, I think it's suppose to be exactly this way ;o)Take Care and I hope everything is well ;o) I love the comments you make on my blog ;o) Hugs ;o)

Claire said...

just gorgeous!! it bet it's even more beautiful 'in the flesh'... a great entry :)