.

.

Robert Frost and My Cat with Sunflower Mixed Media Collage


Nothing Gold Can Stay
Mixed Media Collage
   by Robert Frost


This is my entry to Inspiration Avenue weekly challenge and this week the theme is Sunflowers. 



Nature's first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.  So Eden sank to grief, 
So dawn goes down to day.   Nothing gold can stay. 






I used a page from a children's book, lottery tickets (the nonwinning kind- ha ha), raffle tickets (also the nonwinners), braided string, fabric cat, ribbons, other paper, card scrap, and paints.  

The gel finish altered the colors in the center of the sunflower, I haven't decided if I'll try and touch that up or leave it be.  Click on the image if you'd like to see the collage in a larger size. Thanks for stopping by!


ETA:  Here's a scanned image, not sure which is coming out better.  
Also- hope Hurricane Irene passes you by and safely.

  

12 comments :

gma said...

This is really nice and I love the verse you chose to go with it! You came up with a winner out of those losers....lol

Terrie said...

What a great version of a sunflower! and you used so many cool elements to create it - very nice!

Tracey Fletcher King said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and congrats on your sunflower... it is great and loving all the different elements you have used... look forward to visiting again soon. xx

Kim Collister Studio said...

I LOVE your collage and your pretty petals! A great use for your "worthless" lottery tickets! Robert Frost is the "music" to your submission.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm always amazed when I photograph something, then scan it. The colors are never the same. I like both versions of this. Your sunflower is fun, and your cat is a HOOT. Nice IA entry.

artangel said...

Your collage is full of warmth and beauty (and I love the little cat too!)

It's a great idea to re-cycle old lottery tickets - though I think I'd be afraid I'd get mixed up and end up collaging the winning numbers lol!

Priti Lisa said...

I love that you used lottery and raffle tickets in your art...goes perfectly with the
No gold can stay...
beautiful verse
and art.
♥♥♥

Carola Bartz said...

That's a great sunflower, wonderful collage. The cat is fabulous as well!

Additionsstyle said...

Wonderful college, I love the colors and you sunflower is beautiful!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Gloria said...

Thanks for all your comments- you got the irony and the humor. Now, for a real winning lottery ticket...

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Your collage is really delightful--thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry to comment so late--just got power back after the hurricane!

Gloria said...

Thanks CMC, and glad you survived Irene!