.

.

So Easy Just Get Weaving Your Own Table Cover

With so much "decluttering" happening these tables have served their purpose well.  With time on my hands, I decided to ditch tablecloths and make something new. 

 

https://newendstudio.blogspot.com

Originally, the idea was to make this into a wall clock.  But, with some vinyl unused in a box, I thought I would see if I could weave a covering, and so that's what I did.

It's easy.  Gather a marker, ruler or tape measure, scissors or rotary cutter (and something to protect the cutting surface ie countertop) heavy duty stapler, masking tape, and clear off an area to work on.

https://newendstudio.blogspot.com
Measure the length needed for each strip giving yourself extra length for stapling the strip to the underside of the table.   If you are covering a round table, square table, rectangular table, etc.  the length of the strips will vary according to which design shape you are covering.

My strips were 3/4 inch wide.  Calculate how many strips you need for the weave by deciding which color(s) you will be weaving in the under - over pattern.   How many long, how many wide?

https://newendstudio.blogspot.com

I placed my strips on the countertop and taped at one end.   If your strips have a good side, be sure and place the good side facing away from you. 

Weaving the pieces together on a flat surface, then placing the tabletop on the woven strips gave me more control over the tightness of the weave and less chance of the pattern coming apart. It seemed logical at the time!
 

https://newendstudio.blogspot.com

Once the strips are all woven, I put the tabletop on them, carefully lifted the tape from one end and started stapling the strips to the table.  I pulled each strip tightly, but gently so there are no gaps or spaces.  

By this step, you are almost finished, so go slowly.  You can check the strips  for being inline and wrinkle free as you staple.  If the strips are too long once you staple, just scissor off the extra.

I did glue some felt to theottom of the tabletop to hide the staples, but it's not really necessary. 



I made these coverings and used the tables for some time and next I think I will make these over into wall clocks.   I've got plenty of paint to declutter on these, just have to decide which to start with.  

Thanks for reading.  

No comments :