.

.

It Made the Mail Clerk Chuckle

Happy Mail Swap New End Studio to Finding my Sunshine in LifeWith trepidation I waited in line at the post office, well I was the only one in line, so there was no line, only me; which means I had nowhere to hide. When I reached the counter I just boldly placed the bottle on the scale and said, "I want to mail this."  Only, I put a little questioning inflection on the "this?"

The clerk who looked to be frustrated and frazzled burst out with a chuckle.  Whew, I knew then that the bottle was going to pass her inspection.  She said that people mail baby bottles so this was no problem.  She actually said that "she mails baby bottles."  I took that to mean that the bottle was okay to go through the postal system. We had a laugh and I thanked her.




Jenn sent this cute calendar to me.
Click to ENLARGE.
My Happy Mail Swap partner was Jenn from, Finding My Sunshine in Life.  She has a beautiful view outside her door; and her landscape and farm life photos are very inspiring.  One of my favorite photos on her blog is mama cow and baby cow and another of horses.  Jenn is a dog adopter and has a cute group of furpals.

Paula brought the swappers together at her blog Sincerely, Paula.
Happy Mail contents
All the bits and bobs that went inside the bottle.
Click to ENLARGE.





This was a fun little thing to do.  Sorry for the blurry photos, it was one of those uveitis moments.  If you enlarge the photo it's a bit easier to see.

I noticed Jenn said she scrapbooked, so I went through my rolling carts, ribbon drawer, and all the other places you might find your crafting supplies, plus punched out some shapes and loaded the bottle.

Thank You, Paula for setting up the swap and Thank You, Jenn for the cute calendar!


What's the oddest thing you ever mailed?

10 comments :

Christine Altmiller said...

This cracked me up! It would be so much fun to hang at the P.O. and see what people bring it to mail. finding this in my mailbox would certainly keep me laughing the whole day long :-D

AntiquityTravelers said...

Too funny Gloria! wait so you mailed it like it is? not box? no wonder you were both laughing, and I would when I found it in the mail box! although my daughters would probably find it first and coming running in with it and their curiosity! LOL

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Fun to mail and even more fun to receive, I bet! Very creative! I confess I only mail envelopes and boxes--I'm so boring, LOL! Have a great weekend and hope the weather is good where you are!

Just Jenn said...

I wish i could have seen my mail carriers face when she delivered it. It would have been priceless! Thank you for such a thoughtful and creative mail gift!!!! I loved it. Of course you now have me trying to think up another kind of happy mail since mine was boring compared to the expoding bottle of goodies!!!!! I enoyed your gift and am even more excited that now i can enjoy your blog. :)

Lucy said...

So nice when you can deal with a nice clerk and looks like your swaps were successful and fun!!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Gloria, Hi! About 5 years ago my sister and I were reading on the internet about "naked mailing". It's just what you did! Mailing without a box or packaging. So, I tried mailing some things. I tried mailing a little wreath...that got to its destination (my sister's in PA) in pieces. haha Your story reminded me of that time... thanks for linking and being part of Two Succulent sisters (Crafts a la mode). Linda

Magic Love Crow said...

I can't stop laughing about the baby bottle! LOL! Too cute! The calendar looks so adorable! I know you will enjoy it Gloria ;o) You put a great collection together for your swap partner! She will be very happy ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

Little City Farm said...

I don't think I've ever mailed anything odd. Maybe I should do that just to give the clerk a chuckle.

Miss Val's Creations said...

What a fun swap! Bringing a bottle to the post office to mail does sound quite awkward. My mailings are boring, but since I go to the post office daily I have witnessed some really odd packages!!!

Crafts a la Mode said...

I featured you, Gloria. Thought you'd like to know. Your bloggy friend, Linda