.

.

How to Speed Up a Slow Loading Blog Page

With all the gadgets and beautiful backgrounds on blogs, some of the slow loading pages have something in common.  The speed of a loading page may not have anything to do with your internet connection, bandwidth, etc.

Many times the blog  page loads slowly
because the blog background,
the HTML which you have set as a Gadget
is located at the top of your blog's Layout.
Move the Gadget with the code to the bottom
of your Layout.  See if that improves the load
speed of your blog.

Another possible reason for the slow loading blog is that there is another background page still in your Template and you didn't remove it.  Sometimes when I've waited for blog pages to load, I can see the multiple layers of backgrounds loading one on top of another, yet they are not visible once the blog page has finally finished loading.   Just recently I had this happen on this blog because I forgot to remove the Background.

If your blog has a selected background whereby you copied the code and put it in your Layout as an HTML Gadget, you may want to go to Template and see what Background is shown.  If it's not the one you installed, just check the Remove this Background box.  Be certain that you see exactly what you selected for your blog background and if everything looks okay, click Apply to Blog and then click Return to Blogger.

Humongous images and banners sometimes drag the blog's loading time, too. If there are broken links, these affect the page speed as well as lots of widgets, tools, and flashing items.

With limited time, some readers don't wait for slow pages,  and they'll never know how terrific your blog is if they don't stick around for it to finish loading.

If these things apply to your blog, you fix them and it still loads slowly, maybe it's just a bug, a ghostie, one of those unexplainable facets of internet nature.  There's a lot of that going around...




19 comments :

Unknown said...

Does it help if you shorten up your posts and have the continue reading button? I see it on a lot of blogs but haven't tried it yet.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Gloria,

These are all great tips!!!

Dee

thistlewoodfarm said...

Thank you so much for these tips. I think my blog was loading slowly because my pictures were too high resolution. I fixed that and it sped up!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Great tips and beautiful photos! I think my blog loads ok...but tell me if it doesn't, please!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

I'm going to check these out ASAP! Great tips...thanks SO much for sharing them over at the Blog Tips Cafe party at I Gotta Create!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Great post Gloria!! I appreciate everything you have shared! Cute pictures too ;o) Have a great day!

Gloria said...

Hi Lisa, I used that Jump Break/Continue Reading at one time, but it was a little annoying for my eyes. I don't know whether or not it would speed up the page loading time.

Does anyone else know if that helps?

Thanks, Dee!

Kari, that's good to know, so it's not just the image dimensions it's also the resolution size. TFS!

Thanks, Debbie. I've never had your page slow load yet.

Thanks, Christina. It's great to have that page to add them to. Everybody reading this should go read the other tips, too.

Thanks, Stacy glad to help a tiny bit.

Ed Pilolla said...

it's sad my first instinct is to replace my slow computer with a new one, although it's a useless instinct since i am flat broke:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these tips!!

Lucy said...

I have to admit there are some blogs I enjoy but don't click through to comment because I know how long it takes for their blog to load. I am thrilled I can read them in reader. A few have stopped their full blog posts from posting in reader (in hopes of getting you to click through)and since I know they take forever to load I tend to skip their blog or I have to read them when I have some extra time and patience.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

My mother is ecstatic about your positive comment on my photo challenge #2 post. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Btw, how's your Pinterest registration? Did it finally let you in? Hope so.

Gloria said...

This is the first reply in-thread since Google made the change, yay!

Ed, don't give up hope, you are going to find that publisher.

Gloria said...

You're very welcome!

Gloria said...

I know how you feel, even this blog is loading slower with more doodads added. I changed my feed to full since people like to read that way.

Gloria said...

Oh, your Mom is so kind, your photo was great. I'm still trying with the Pinterest, it keeps giving me error codes and Oops messages. Eventually...

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Great tips! I'll have to check to make sure I don't have additional background layers on my blog!

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Gloria said...

Hi Jessica, thanks for stopping at this post and leaving a comment. I've just been to your blog, too. The house is lovely ♥

Unknown said...

Thanks Now My Blog Is Much Faster Now..

Have A Look

Download Full PC Game Free | GloverzZ

Unknown said...

thx..a great help for me..