.

.

Working Around the Gremlins


You know how it is.  As soon as you decide to move, all sorts of things start to go wrong- with the house, the car, the pet, etc.  I wonder if the gremlins were just waiting for that moment to strike with their full force and mischief when you have made the crucial decision and you are faced with a notebook full of jobs to get yourself, the pets, the house, etc. ready for the move.

garage sale jumble



Sort of like a version of Murphy's Law:  If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. or  If there is a worse time for something to go wrong, it will happen then. or   If anything can't go wrong, it will anyway. Check out more of those corrupted optimistic truisms at the link.


I walked into the room where I have my craft/art/sewing supplies and found a shelf had fallen off the wall.  It knocked the basket off the wall that was below it.  The shelf knocked down pictures, collages, supplies, etc. Some were on the floor, some in the trash can, some on the desk, chair, ...

I could find no reason why the shelf fell down. It wasn't broken, the screws were still firmly in the wall, too.   This happened without me hearing it happen and I was home at the time.  Even Lucy, who is suspicious of every normal noise and the abnormal ones, too- didn't hear a thing. Gremlin?

I don't mind about the shelf falling, nothing broke, especially not the lamp with that new curly bulb which would require HAZMAT Teams and all sorts of misery to clean up, no that was fine, thank goodness.

It's that thing which makes you doubt which bugs me.   Have I made the right decision?  I will never get all these jobs done in time.  Maybe I should change the date?  That last one is a big contender, and one I will be fine with.  It's about the journey and not the end.   I'm trying not to overlook daily blessings while I search the horizon for my big leap to come.

New End Studio sounded like a suitable name when I first started the blog.  I have been thinking to change the name in line with the new direction my compass is pointing.  That may sound corny, but it's true.  Name change is possible, but not the top of my list right now.  

How did you decide on your blog or business name?  Did you ever change it?

7 comments :

Lucy said...

I understand about 'signs' and yes, I changed my blog name once. When I moved from blogspot to wordpress. I sometimes think about it now too.

Good Luck with your new direction, we are making new moves too :)

Lucy from Lucy's Reality

Additionsstyle said...

Glad to hear you did not have any damage when your shelf fell down.

Change is something we all go through. I changed the name of my blog and now it really reflects what my blog is about. It's a process making that change but well worth it in the end.

Good luck with your new plans and your move.

Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Glad that at least nothing was broken. I see it as a sign that the Gremlins are helping you pack, LOL, not trying to keep you there!

I had the name "craftymoose" long before I had a shop or blog so I felt I already had a presence with it--despite the fact that it doesn't describe what I make.

Magic Love Crow said...

Gremlins!! For sure gremlins ;o) LOL! Keep on smiling! Everything is going to go well ;o)
For the name of my blog, which is the name of my store, as soon as I wrote it down, I knew it was me ;o) And, you know, it was the first thing I thought of ;o)

Linda said...

Things always happen when you are making plans. Gremlins are always watching us... they strike when the getting is good. Hope that everything goes well for this move.
As far as the name for my blog... It came to me right away with very few variations. Has to do with my photography, which I love.

Robin said...

Wow, you certainly have your hands full and I agree about how lucky you are that the lightbulb didn't break, lol!!! I used to believe that if things are right, they are easy. I don't think that anymore...now I believe that when we are on our right paths, everything and everyone that doesn't want us there will try to stop us, especially the gremlins!
As for the name of my blog, It is my initials and goes well with art! You'll be fine, even with the gremlins.

Miss Val's Creations said...

It's always something, right? I am glad nothing broke during the mysterious shelf mishap. Change can be a really good thing. Who knows, a new blog name may help you feel revitalized!