.

.

Happy Christmas, Mr. Dickens

Mr. Dickens delivered the sentiment and priorities, but I have only this collage.  
Not a goose or a turkey in sight, yet lots of happy wishes from me to you.  
♥ Keep Christmas in your heart all the year round.     



The chocolate dipped pretzels are in the "Recipes" link, along with Chocolate Jumble, Chocolate Peppermint Bark, and a few more recipes such as rolls, stews and cakes.   The other images are from around my home and yard in years past.  My wreath on the door is in this post and in this post. 

Would you please read this post if you haven't already, and send a positive thought my way?  I want you to have the best eyesight possible, so there is also a little helpful info in there to pass along to you.


Finally, allow me to interrupt the Christmas Greeting to preach a tiny bit, with good intention,

  • Make a wonderful holiday with those you love and care about.
  • Put a gentle heart at ease, including the awkward, the lost, and frightened furry ones.  
  • Offer peace and make forgiveness a priority, it enriches your life and takes away stress.  
  • In the midst of the loud and busy preparations, consider your blessings a gift, perhaps to share.  
  • Give a thought to the goals you are hoping to achieve and how you might extend a hand to help someone else achieve their dreams.
  • You can love on a budget.  Christmas gift debt is a New Year burden.   
  • Some people aren't celebrating with joy, they are grieving losses of all kinds- jobs, relationships, health, ... and the Christmas season may be extra difficult for them.
  • With heavy hearts in Newtown, CT, we feel their shock and pain and mourn with and for them. 
  • Our troops are celebrating far from home, we honor their commitment, want their safe return.
  • Survivors of Superstorm Sandy are a long way from having their homes, businesses, schools, etc. back to normal and they need everything we all probably take for granted in our normal routines.      

There is more to add, but it would go on too long, so I step down from the soapbox to say to you,     

Now, Go and Make Your
Best Christmas Ever!!! 
Thanks Very Much 



6 comments :

Little City Farm said...

Beautiful sentiments. Merry Christmas to you my dear and best of luck and prayers for Thursday.

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful post Gloria! I will be thinking of you on the 20th ;o) Merry Christmas my friend ;o) Big Hugs and many blessings to everyone!!!

Christine Altmiller said...

I am having a strong mix of guilt, sorrow, and holiday cheer this year. Guilt for life rolling along relatively normal for us, sorrow for both Hurricane Sandy and Sandy Hook Elementary victims, and the cheer my kids possess for Christmas. I am thinking of you and sending warm, healing, sightful thoughts your way, Gloria!

Gloria said...

Merry Christmas and thank you for all of the positive vibes for Thursday.

Christine, I know what you mean, I and probably a lot of us are having those same feelings. We never know what life has planned for us just around the corner. Hold on to the hope and the cheer. Thank you so much for those powerful "thoughts."♥

Terry, Stacy, and Christine- (((hugs)))♥ I am looking forward to writing a happy results post.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful thoughts Gloria. There is so much to pray for as well as be thankful for.

Lucy said...

Oh, I love this post :)