1 Box of Angel Food Cake Mix- the one with the single bag inside, not the fancy two bag mix.
1 can of Crushed Pineapple, it's usually around 20 ounces and I use the one that is packed only with pineapple juice. I don't know if other liquids such as fruit syrups would affect the baking.
- Get Ready:
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Spray your sheet cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Work It:
- Empty the cake mix into a deep mixing bowl and pour all of the can of pineapple on top.
- Stir until blended, the batter will start to rise in the bowl, don't be scared lol.
- Pour the batter into the Pammed Pan- say that 10 times fast ♥
- Bake for around 30 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack. I leave my cake in the pan and after it has completely cooled, cover it with the lid that came with the pan or you can use whatever handy foil, etc. or just eat the whole cake right now! No, don't do that.
- I brush the top of my hot cake with Confectioner's Sugar (10X Powdered), it melts and adds a nice little glaze.
- Add chopped up drained maraschino cherries to the wet batter or flaked coconut to the dry mix.
|He's pretty excited about it!|
I've never tried the cherries and don't eat coconut but they sound good and if you try, please let me know how it turned out.
So there you go, a low cholesterol, low sugar, low skill, quick, thrifty, and delicious cake ♥
Are you going to make it?
If you liked this recipe, check out some others by clicking the Recipe link in the sidebar or typing into the Search Bar.