What's in the bowl? I'll tell you:
- 3 peeled, cored, and diced Apples
- 1/2 cup of rehydrated Currants
- Brown Sugar- enough to coat plus a little extra
- Honey- enough to coat plus another tablespoon; skip this if you don't have it
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Liberal amount or to your taste: Cinnamon
- Smidge of Cardamom if you like it and have it
- Diced Walnuts if you like them
- 8 Grands Jr. Biscuits from a tube of 10 biscuits. Flattened, cut into strips, and cut into little pieces
In the baking cups I ended up with more syrup from the brown sugar and honey than I anticipated, so I've adjusted the amount for you in the list of ingredients, above.
I put all of the ingredients in a bowl, stirred well, and then filled the cups and topped some with slivered almonds. In the photo you might see that I sprayed the holders, but the sugar and honey made this unnecessary as I found out. Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar before baking, too if you like, I did.
Bake at 375 F for about 20 minutes. I put cookie sheets on the bottom oven rack to catch any sugary overflow, if you don't overfill the holders and use the brown sugar and honey as listed, you shouldn't have any bubbling over.
These were delicious, and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream would be extra good.
What did I do with the two leftover biscuits? I baked them as normal, and I used one, spread with a Laughing Cow Light cheese, topped with an egg over medium. I figured I deserved that because I had to wash all of those pans and such after baking. Necessary to keep my energy up to sample the dessert, too.
Is this something you might bake? Do you follow recipes exactly or do you like to make them up as you go?